COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted
For Release on Saturday, 5/22/21
Wow! What a week! I go away for a five day vacation, and I come back, and the world is changed! In Massachusetts, as of Saturday, 5/29/2021, the COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted! For us, occupancy will be 100% and for those fully vaccinated there is no longer a mask mandate. For the shop this means on Saturday, 5/29/21:
- Walk-in Archers are back
- The sneeze shields are gone
- Bow Racks are back
- Tables and Chairs are back
- Second Restroom is Open
- Parents and significant others can observe all archery activities
- Movement on the range is eased
- Double Scoring is back
- Coaches and Instructors can teach through appropriate touch again, with the individual’s permission
- Parties and corporate groups are back
- Indoor Tournaments are back
- Specialty Classes are back
- The archery range is at full capacity
Also, USA Archery, changed the emphasis in training archers, both beginning and intermediate archers. The changes will drastically improve the learning for both Beginner and Intermediate archers. The recommendations from USA Archery were put on hold in March 2020 and now the changes are being implemented. These changes from USA Archery require changes to our Archery Class Curriculums.
With all these changes, we need to do a lot of work.
- The COVID-19 restriction markers must be removed.
- Tables, chairs, and other items must be put back into the observation area.
- Sneeze Shields must be removed.
- Party Room set-up for parties.
- Archery Class Curriculums must be updated, and instruction staff taught the new techniques.
Saturday morning, 5/29/21, is when we can restore the shop for its normal condition. Ace Archers, Inc. will be ready on Saturday, 529/21, at 1:30 pm.
With these changes, we are delaying the start of the next Archery Classes as follows:
- Wednesday Class starts on 6/2/21 at 6:00 pm
- Friday Class starts on 6/4/21 at 7:00 pm
- Saturday Classes start on 6/5/21 at 9:00 am for Beginners and 11:15 am for Intermediates
All class participants will be notified by email and a personal phone call on Saturday, 5/22/21.