We are getting closer to opening the shop and the range.
On Tuesday, 7/6/2020, the Archery Range is Opening! Reopening Mass, Phase 3, “Vigilant” starts on Monday, 7/6/2020; but since my only day off is Monday, the range will be open on Tuesday, 7/6/2020! Come on in and SHOOT YOUR BOW! You don’t have a bow? SHOOT ONE OF OUR BOWS!
Currently the rules are:
- If you are ill, do not come to the shop.
- Social Distance must be maintained.
- Masks must be work by all people, customers and employees.
- A sneeze shield must be in place between the cash register operator and the customer.
- No food or drink can be served or offered for sale.
- All tables and chairs are removed.
- A single restroom will be open.
- The place must be thoroughly cleaned, before we open and during the day.
- Hygiene and sanitation plans must be in place and be executed.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the shop before we open.
- Cleaning “high touch areas” at least 2-3 times a day.
- Cleaning the restroom 2-3 times a day.
- Performing a “deep clean” if any employee has COVID-19, which will require the shop to be closed for at least ½ day.
- Logs for Hygiene and sanitation must be maintained.
The best news is that youth programs can begin!
Yes, youth archers, those under 18 years old, are able to shoot on Thursdays! The youth members began shooting on Thursday, 6/11/2020.
For the Adult Archery Programs (AAP) members, we are going to have to wait until 7/7/2020. Sorry! The State of Massachusetts has opened the range to youth, but not to adults. I have no confirmation as to why youth can shoot, and adults cannot. I can understand why elderly folks and folks with underlying health issues must avoid the novel corona virus, but that leaves the 18-year-old to 40-50-year-old population who are healthy, without a valid reason to shoot. I wish someone in authority would tell me why.
There are changes to the range that everyone is going to have to live with until there is a corona vaccine.
- We must maintain Social Distance on the range at all times.
- There is a Social Distance line that is 12’ from the shooting line.
- There is a “walk-way” for archers to use when exiting the shooting line, between the waiting line and the social distance line.
- There will be spots on the floor for archers to wait for their turn to shoot.
- There will be a sneeze shield between each occupied laneto keep social distance in effect.
- When a double line is used, we have changed how we retrieve arrows.
- There will be two lines, Group A and Group B.
- While Group A is retrieving their arrows, Group B will wait behind the new Social Distance Line.
- Once all of Group A has retrieve their arrows, and are in the restroom corridor, then Group B can go get their arrows.
- If a group of people who live together are shooting, then can shoot in adjacent lanes.
- If siblings, couples, parents, and others, that live in the same house, are shooting then they can shoot next to each.
- We can remove the sneeze shield between the lanes of those that live together.
- This will not increase the number of people on the range.
- Every person shooting must make a reservation and pay up front.
- The reservation system is being used to limit the number of archers on the range.
- Reservations times are strictly enforced. You must show-up for your reserved time. We will work with you to reschedule your reservation if you arrive late.
- By doing pre-payment, we avoid the reduction in Social Distance while at the cash register.
- There will be a 15-minute buffer between reservations.
- For example:
- Tuesday through Friday we will have reservations at noon, 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:45 pm, 5:00 pm, 6:15 pm, and 7:30 pm.
- Saturday will have reservations at 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:45 pm, 6:00 pm, and 7:15 pm.
- Sunday will have reservations at noon, 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:45 pm, 5:00 pm, and 6:15 pm.
- The shop will close promptly to allow for cleaning activities.
Archery Classes will resume Wednesday, 7/8/2020, Friday, 7/10/2020, and Saturday, 7/11/2020. Team Aces practice will resume on Sunday, 7/12/2020. Aces Wild and the Ace Archers JOAD Club Practice will resume on Thursday, 7/9/2020.
Archery Leagues will resume on Tuesday, 7/7/2020.
We are getting closer every moment! I can’t wait to see you all. I have missed you all very much. And to be able to shoot with you, coach you, and work with you again is a blessing I am looking forward to. Please, come in to see us real soon!
Tom Herrington, Head Coach and President of Ace Archers, Inc.