Ace Archers Club
The Ace Archers Club is a competitive archery club and is part of USA Archery. Ace Archers Club trains target archers in Olympic Recurve Bows, Compound Bows, Barebows and Longbows. Ace Archers include both a Junior Olympic Archery Develop Program (JOAD) for archers 8 years old through 20 years old and the Adult Archery Program for archers over 20 years old. Becoming a member of Ace Archers is easy! You must be a member of USA Archery then select Ace Archers as your local club
Every month we hold a scoring round where the club members can earn their next JOAD or Adult rank. Ranks are a way of knowing how far you are along the competitive path. We hold the Qualification Round the last meeting of the month.
Since we are a competitive club, all members must attend tournaments. We attend all the USA Archery Massachusetts State tournaments, Indoor Nationals, two indoor USA Archery Virtual Tournaments, two outdoor USA Archery Virtual Tournaments, and two JOAD Indoor Tournaments (Ace Archers Club only). For the first year, a new club member is required to attend the two JOAD Indoor tournaments and the two indoor USA Archery Virtual Tournaments. The second year a new archer is required to attend all Massachusetts indoor tournaments, USA Archery Indoor Nationals or JOAD Indoor Nationals, the two JOAD Indoor tournaments and the two indoor USA Archery Virtual Tournaments. At any time a club member may attend any tournament they want to, including outdoor tournaments.
Ace Archers includes Team Aces, an advanced group of tournament archers training to successfully compete in local and national tournaments. Team Aces meets at least once a week, on Sundays, from 9:10 am to noon for the indoor season (Mid-August through April) at Ace Archers, Inc. and during the outdoor season (May through Mid-August) we meet outdoors at Mansfield’s Memorial Park Practice Field. All members of Ace Archers are welcome to come shoot outdoors at the Memorial Park Practice field (you must have you own equipment). Once an Ace Archers club member achieves their Red Star for Olympic Recurve or FITA Compound or their Blue Star for Barebow, and providing there is room, they can join Team Aces. The Head Coach the the senior coaches will evaluate all candidates and select the Ace Archers club members to join Team Aces. Team Aces is limited to 18 members.
In addition to Team Aces, there is a Aces Wild in Ace Archers. To qualify for the Aces Wild, you must have at least your Black Star in your bow discipline (Olympic Recurve, Barebow/Basic Compound, and FITA Compound). Once you join the Ace Wild, you must attend the weekly Ace Archers meeting (Thursdays, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm), you must attend the Ace Archers Indoor Tournament Schedule (September – March), and you must continue shooting at your current JOAD or Adult Program Rank.
There is a $60/year dues that is due on January 1st of every year. If you join later in the year, the yearly dues is prorated by the month. (The prorated value is $5/month that has completed, so if you join in June, your prorated dues is $30.) Dues is used to purchase JOAD and Adult Awards (stars), educate members as Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 instructors and coaches, and to help offset the costs of running the club.
Ace Archers meets on Thursday evenings, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at Ace Archers, Inc. indoor facility. The first hour is about shooting archery, the next 15 minutes covers a topic about shooting and the last 45 minutes returns to shooting archery. The range fee is $14 for each meeting for all Ace Archers Club members.
Since we are a competitive club, members are expected to attend tournaments. Since USA Archery requires all club members dress alike, there is a club shirt. Each club member is required to purchase a club shirt from the club. Travel Team members are required to purchase a Travel Team shirt. Team Aces member are required to purchase 2 shirts and 1 practice t-shirt.
We focus on Indoor Tournaments for all members, and for Team Aces members, we also attend Outdoor Tournaments. The tournaments we normally attend are:
- Cobweb Classic (September, at Ace Archers, Inc., Foxboro, MA) Indoor
- Mass Open (November at Luneburg Sportsmens Club, Luneburg, MA) Indoor
- JOAD Fall Indoor (November, Ace Archers, Inc., for Ace Archers Club only, Foxboro, MA)
- Mass Indoor Championships (December at various places in MA) Indoor
- Lunenie (January, at Luneburg Sportsmens Club, Luneburg, MA) Indoor
- Nationals Warm-up (February, Buckley Family Archery, Fall River, MA) Indoor
- USA Archery Indoor Nationals and JOAD Indoor Nationals (Feburary, Fiskdale, MA) Indoor
- Indoor Archer’s Cup (March, Ace Archers, Inc., Foxboro, MA) Indoor
- JOAD Spring Indoor (April, Ace Archers, Inc., for Ace Archers Club only, Foxboro, MA) Indoor
- Outdoor Warm-up (June, Ace Archers, Inc., Mansfield Memorial Park) Outdoor
- Outdoor Archer’s Cup (June, Ace Archers, Inc., Mansfield Memorial Park) Outdoor
- Bay State Games (July, various places in MA) Outdoor
- Outdoor State Championships (August, various places in MA) Outdoor
- We also run four USA Archery Virtual Tournaments, 2 indoors and 2 outdoors. (Indoors at Ace Archers, Inc. in Foxboro, MA. Outdoors at Memorial Park, Mansfield, MA.)
- We plan on attending the USA Archery National Outdoors and the JOAD Outdoor Nationals (various places) Outdoor