2021 JOAD Target Nationals
Over the past several days, three archers from Team Aces, part of Ace Archers JOAD Club, were competing in the 2021 JOAD Target Nationals in Decatur, AL. The tournament ran from 7/7/21 to 7/11/21. The three archers from Ace Archers’ Team Aces are:
- Abby Gordon – Cadet Recurve Women
- Cailyn Kim – Cub Recurve Women
- Nathan Wilson – Cadet Recurve Men
Abby Gordon competed with an Olympic Recurve Bow as a Cadet Women and qualified 61st with a score of 1061 in a field of 87 women. 61st place qualified Ms. Gordon for the Elimination Rounds in the 1/32 Round where she faced off with Jordan Marie Meiners (4) and retired with a Set System score of 6 to 0 against her. Her second day’s qualification score of 541 meets the Minimum Qualifying Score (MQS) for the Eastern RED Team which moved Ms. Gordon from a Provisional Member to a Qualified Member of RED Team.
Cailyn Kim competed with her Olympic Recurve Bow as a Cub Women and qualified 16th with a score of 1094 in a field of 31 women. 16th place qualified Ms. Kim for the Elimination Rounds in the 1/16 Round where she faced off with Cortin Hudson (17) and retired with a Set System Score of 6 to 2 against her. Ms. Kim fulfilled the RED Team MQS and continues as a Qualified Member of the RED Team. Ms. Kim’s 1st day score was 548 and her 2nd day’s score was 546.
Nathan Wilson competed with his Olympic Recurve Bow in his final year as a Cadet and qualified 22nd with a score of 1194 to take 22nd place and entered the Elimination Rounds. Mr. Wilson’s 1st day score was 602 and his 2nd day score was 592. Mr. Wilson competed against 6 opponents during the Elimination Rounds and won the Bronze Medal, or 3rdPlace. In the Elimination Rounds Mr. Wilson met:
- Joseph Hickerson (43) in the 1/32 Round and won with a score of 6-0
- Ethan Park (11) in the 1/16 Round and won with a score of 6-4
- Cameron Senay (27) in the 1/8 Round and won with a score of 6-0
- Andrew Yoo (3) in the Quarter Finals and won with a score of 6-0
- Daniel Mueller (18) in the Semi Finals and lost with a score of 7-1 which qualified Mr. Wilson for the Bronze Medal Match (Mr. Mueller lost the Gold Medal Match and took the Silver Medal.)
- Ewan An (28) in the Bronze Medal Match and won with a score of 6-2 and took the Bronze Medal.
Head Coach Tom Herrington and all the members of Team Aces, Aces Wild, and Ace Archers JOAD Club are very proud of the accomplishments of Ms. Gordon, Ms. Kim, and Mr. Wilson. Their membership in the RED Team shows their commitment to target archery. Their work ethic, competitiveness, and grit has served them well in their archery careers and we expect great things from all three archers.