More experienced archers who are past the initial learning stages and have demonstrated skills beyond beginning aptitude may join the Intermediate Archery Class. The Intermediate Archery Class focuses on learning more advanced archery techniques than the basics and introducing competition level techniques. Archers who wish to join the Intermediate Archery Class must first demonstrate they are able to execute the basics of proper archery form correctly and consistently.
Intermediate Archery Class will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, or Fridays from 7 pm – 9 pm, or Saturdays from 11 am – 1 pm. You choose one day of the week for your session, and attend only on that day. Students are expected to arrive 15 minutes before class starts to get their equipment set up.
Class members are required to purchase a Class Card to attend.
We use a eight-week curriculum that covers the major topics for the National Training System Form. These topics are the major steps in the form that will be focused on during the first 6 weeks.
- Unit 1 – Review of Posture & Stance, Load Arrow, Grip & Hook, Mindset
- Unit 2 – Set-up (Coiling & Lift), Extra Set
- Unit 3 – Draw (Angular Motion), Load, Anchor and Transfer into Holding
- Unit 4 – Rhythm of Load, Anchor and Transfer
- Unit 5 – Expansion, Aiming
- Unit 6 – Review String Release, Introduce Bow Release, Follow-through
- Unit 7 – General Review of the Shot Cycle
- Unit 8 – Can You Shoot It? & Shooting for Stars!
The 7th week will pull all that you have learned together. Students may do Shooting for Stars!™ & Can You Shoot It?™ during the second half of any class.
As an Intermediate Archer, you have discovered that archery takes practice and study to advance. Archers who wish to continue on their lifetime journey towards perfecting their form and who have demonstrated above Intermediate aptitude may join the Tournament Archery Class.
All classes are sessions that have a start date and an end date. Please see the session schedule.
The Intermediate Class Fee is $200 for the eight session, each session is two hours long.