Level 3 -NTS Coach’s Course
The Level 3 – NTS Coach’s Course is held on 7/12/2019 to 7/14/2019 from 9:00 am to 6:00 PM. Please see the USA Archery web page for the course.
The course will be taught by Thomas Herrington, USA Archery Level 4 – NTS Coach.
The content is the curriculum approved by USA Archery, NFAA and ASA for the Level 3 Coach’s Certification. The candidate learns:
- Introduction to Coaching Philosophy
- Training cycles/plans
- Competition preparation
- Mental skills
- Equipment tuning
- National Training System (NTS)
The course is 24 hours long. The schedule is 9:00 am to 6:00 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are scheduled breaks during the day.
Prerequisites to attending the course are:
- Minimum age: 19
- Must have been an Level 2 Instructor for one year – or pass an exam to ‘test out’ of the Level 2 level and verify three years experience in an archery instructor capacity
- Successful USA Archery Background Check
- Complete the Safe Sport Training
- Mental Management 101 Course (online course)
- Hold a current USA Archery or National Field Archery (NFAA) or Archery Shooters Assocation (ASA)
The Course Cost is $350. A deposit of $150 is required with registration.
The certification period is three years.
Please note: No certification will be processed by USA Archery without membership in USA Archery or NFAA or ASA, a successful USA Archery Background Screening and completion of the USOC Safe Sport On-line Course. Please see the USA Archery page for the background screening process.
Registration closes 6/28/2019. To register please email the following information to Coach Tom Herrington:
- Mailing Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Membership Number from USA Archery or NFAA or ASA
The Level 3 – NTS Coach Course Materials will be mailed out on 7/5/2019.