Ace Archers, Inc. full supports target archery both as an indoor and an outdoor sport. We acknowledge that weather can cause unsafe conditions that make either travel to the indoor and outdoor venues unsafe or the outdoor venue unsafe. In order to provide guidance to whether you should travel to either venue here is Ace Archer, Inc. Weather Policy.
Our indoor facility is located at 131 Morse Street, Foxboro, MA 02035. We are open then year round.
We rent an outdoor facility from the Town of Mansfield, and it is located at Memorial Park, corner of Hope Street and Church Street, Mansfield, MA. We are open from mid-April to mid-August. Please see Outdoor Practice for specific information of when the outdoor facility is planned to be open.
- If the local schools in the Town of Foxboro or the Town of Mansfield are closed due to unsafe weather conditions, Ace Archers, Inc. will be closed both indoors and outdoors.
- If the State of Massachusetts or the Town of Foxboro declares a State of Emergency, Ace Archers, Inc. will be closed at our indoor facility.
- If the State of Massachusetts or the Town of Mansfield declares a State of Emergency, Ace Archers, Inc. will be closed at our outdoor facility.
- If there is an Adverse Travel Advisory from the National Weather Service due to weather conditions, then Ace Archers, Inc. will be closed at both locations. (Since both facilities are within 1.5 miles of each other, the facilities will share the same weather conditions.)
- At the Outdoor Facility, during tournaments and practice, we adhere to the USA Archery Inclement Weather Rules for Tournaments:
- If there is a thunderstorm, thunder, or lightning at the Outdoor Facility, the field will be evacuated immediately.
- The field will remain evacuated until 20 minutes after the last occurrence of thunder or lightning.
- If there are high winds, 25 miles per hour or higher, that threaten the stability of the venue equipment, the field will be evacuated until the winds diminish below 25 miles per hour.
- At the Outdoor Facility, during practice, we adhere to the following precipitation rules:
- If the local temperature is below 50 degrees F, and there is any precipitation, the Outdoor Facility will be closed.
- If the local temperature is below 60 degrees F, and there is light or heavy precipitation, the Outdoor Facility will be closed. We will be open if there is mist.
- If the local temperature is below 70 degrees F, and there is heavy precipitation, the Outdoor Facility will be closed. We will be open for mist and light precipitation.
If we need to close either the Indoor or Outdoor Facilities, we will announce the closure on the front page of our website and on our facebook page. We will try to post the closing information on our telephone answering machine at the Indoor Facility. The phone number is 774-215-5292. Posting the closing information on our telephone answering machine is not always possible due to weather conditions.