SPT4 – Focus on Archery Alignment
Before taking a shot archery athletes need to make sure their alignment is correct. Correct alignment ensures the arrow will go where you intend it to go. For archery athletes looking to Check their alignment, SPT4, or the Alignment SPT, is where they should start.
Watch this video to see how to perform SPT4:
To complete SPT 4, do the following steps:
- Draw as you normally would (but behind your head)
- Transfer with arrow under clicker
- After clicker drops, continue drawing for 10-15 seconds
- Rest 1 minute between repetitions
- Complete 1-2 times before shooting. This exercise helps remind your body what proper archery alignment should feel like.
As you routinely complete sets you will increase your body’s natural muscle memory so each set up will be easier and more naturally aligned giving you a better set up and draw.