Ace Archers JOAD Outdoor Practice Field can now be used by everyone! The field is the Memorial Park Practice Field, where we hold the Outdoor Warm-ups, Outdoor Archer’s Cup, Archery Bay State Games, and the Mass. Outdoor State Games. Memorial Park is at the corner of Church and Hope Streets in Mansfield, MA. The field is open on Saturdays and Sundays, starting 5/26/2018, from 8:00 am to 11:45 am until 7/29/2018. There is an hourly fee to use the field.
The Outdoor Practice Field is not available on:
- Sunday, 6/3/18 – 2018 Outdoor Warm-up
- Saturday & Sunday, 6/16/18 – 6/17/18 – 2018 Outdoor Archer’s Cup
- Saturday & Sunday, 6/23/18 – 6/24/18 – 2018 Outdoor Archer’s Cup and 2018 Pin Shoot & Challenge Round
- Saturday & Sunday, 7/21/18 – 7/22/18 – 2018 Bay State Games
The hourly fee depends on whether you help set-up the field and/or tear down the target matts on the field. If you help set-up and/or tear down the target matts, the fee is $15/hour/person. If you do not help with set-up and/or tear down, the fee is $20/hour/person. You can pay in cash, credit card, debit card or check. Payment is due before you leave the field.
This year, 2018, there are 30 lanes 2 person lanes! There may be a double line, but I tend to doubt it.
The distances are 15 metes to 90 meters.
Target faces are included in the rental fee.
There is no rental archery equipment at the Outdoor Archery Practice Field. You need to have your own bows, arrows, quivers, etc.
As you know, the parking lot is about 100 yards from the practice field, so you will have to bring your equipment a reasonable distance. You may bring a canopy to set-up for shade.
The Practice Field is the same field for the:
- Outdoor Warm-up on 6/3/18
- USA Archery 2nd Quarter Virtual Tournament on 6/10/18 (Ace Archers JOAD only)
- 2018 Outdoor Archer’s Cup Qualification Round on 6/16/18 to 6/17/18
- 2018 Outdoor Archer’s Cup Elimination Rounds on 6/23/18
- 2018 Pin Shoot and Challenge Round on 6/14/18
- 2018 Bay State Games – Archery on 7/21/18 to 7/22/18
- 2018 Mass. Outdoor State and JOAD Championships on 8/4/18 to 8/5/18